Finding happiness doesn’t have a shortcut. You should be willing to take a chance on the experiences, things and people that will bring happiness.
- Happiness cannot be found anywhere else but in yourself
- You have to find your freedom and for that you will need to be brave
- Rediscover the world through childlike eyes and find the good and beauty in the small things
- There is always something to be grateful for, you just need to find it
- Find a hobby that makes you happy
- Always be yourself
- Never step on others to be closer to the sun
- Find the balance in your life/work/love…
You continuously need to focus on maintaining your happiness, ensuring that work doesn’t becoming your most important hours within a day.
How to get control over your work/life balance
- Prioritise your physical, emotional and mental health before that of the office’s demands
- Unplug – take your lunch hour outside of your office, mute work workplace chat goups
- Set boundaries and stick to your work hours at the office
- Plan your holidays at the beginning of the year and book it – you will have something to look forward to all year
- Make time for yourself – even if you have kids and a husband or partner that also demands your attention
- Set personal goals just as you need to set professional goals
For your mind
- This week you can choose between new affirmations
- I am an exceptional listener. I’m mindful. I’m present.
- I can listen patiently while others talk – but I also want to be heard.
- My voice is my power. I deserve to be heard.
- Set your personal goals for the next 6 or even 12 months
For your body
I know I’ve been hammering on the breathing exercises, but breathing in and out and focusing on it clears your mind.
- Continue with last week’s breathing exercise:
- Stretch your arms above your head and put your palms together – be ready, because you will be exhaling next
- Lower both arms to shoulder height and stretch to either side while exhaling
- Breathe in while moving your arms back into the stretched position above your head
- Repeat 20 times
- Keep on walking while enjoying the scenery
For your soul
- Create an entry in your Gratitude Journal about the activities you do that makes you happy
- Plan a trip to a destination you have always wanted to explore and make a plan to book it in the next year
- Find out why I’m doing the Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge
- Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge: Week 1 Bank Good Karma
- Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge: Week 2 Letting Go
- Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge: Week 3 Appreciation & Gratitude
- Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge: Week 4 Listen & Be Heard
- Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge: Week 5 Balance