I hope that you connected to a stranger by paying a compliment last week – how did it feel when they smiled and thanked you? Do you think you banked enough good karma to get you through 2020 – or do you think you’d like to continue banking good karma?
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.Margaret Lee Runbeck
Week 2’s challenge is about letting go of toxic relationships or anger and to mend relationships.
- Your most important soul homework is to forgive yourself for any bad decisions you may have made – write yourself a letter or email and stash it away until this challenge tells you to read it again
- Create a list of all the people you want to rebuild relationships with and those that you need to let go of – write down a reason for each and how you will be dealing with each person
For your body
- Your body has probably thanked you by now for getting it to move and deserves a treat. Take an hour this week for self-care and get a manicure/pedicure/haircut/massage
- Keep up the 10 minute walking
- Add a simple breathing exercise into your daily routine – do 20 a day
Stretch your arms in front of you and place your palms on top of each other – inhale. Now let go by moving your left arm to the left until it is in line with your body – let your right hand run down your arm. Now breathe in and center your arms again. Repeat to your right
For your mind
- Start your course or DIY learning this week. Set yourself an attainable goal of completing x number of chapters/parts.
- Choose an affirmation and repeat to yourself whenever you remember or have a moment to yourself
- I choose to be happy, healthy and whole
- I embrace the parts of me that need love the most
- I am a priority in my life
That’s it for your Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge: Week 2 – did Week 1 make a difference in how you feel?
You may want to go to the beginning of this self-care challenge:
- Find out why I’m doing the Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge
- Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge: Week 1 Bank Good Karma
- Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge: Week 2 Letting Go
- Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge: Week 3 Appreciation & Gratitude
- Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge: Week 4 Listen & Be Heard
- Roadmap to a Happier Me Challenge: Week 5 Balance