I like to use “Paris is always a good idea” by Audrey Hepburn for this occasion – but is it still a good idea if it is Little Paris in North West province?
When you have kids you start seeing things differently. Your camera angles up from a much lower perspective – and that’s when the magic happens on roadtrips.
After our stop at the amazing Upside Down House we wanted to get at least the (faux) Eiffel ticked off our list for the day.
We stopped at little Paris with Littles already telling us that it was nearing her nap time, so we ordered a takeaway of French Toast (because how can you stop at a place called French Toast Café and not order that?) and made a beeline for the Eiffel behind the fountain.
We had our pink engraved locks ready and let the kids run wild to search the perfect spot to attach them to. They eventually pointed at the bench and as hubby was finalizing where and how he was going to attach the locks, the kids admired almost every lock they could reach.
We snapped a few photos while we had the Eiffel all to ourselves.
On our way out we picked up our takeaway and wolfed down the most delicious French Toast we’ve ever had. It was a bit much for me, but I didn’t let any go to waste.
On the Little Paris premises there are a few small shops, an aquarium and even a wall with a real Paris photo where you can snap a few photos.
If you are looking for fun things to do in or near Gauteng, look no further than this list:
- Little Paris & the (faux) Eiffel Tower in Harties
- Upside Down House South Africa near Harties
- Visit Rietvlei Nature Reserve near Pretoria
- Visit the Lion Park
- Visit Groenkloof Nature Reserve
- Visit the Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve and read about our first visit there too
- Visit Modderfontein Nature Reserve
- Visit the Voortrekker Monument near Pretoria and see it in pictures
- Cradle of Humankind: Visit Maropeng
- Cradle of Humankind: Sterkfontein Caves
- Visit Nan Hua Buddhist Temple, Bronkhorstspruit