If you love Africa’s animals, you will LOVE the Kgalagadi.
Where is the Kgalagadi Transfontier Park?
This national park is in the Karoo (Northern Cape) and stretches past South Africa’s borders. Close to a “town” called Askham where the temperatures soar deep into the 40s.
We stayed in both chalets and our own tents. All facilities are kept clean.
What to expect
- The Kgalagadi is beautiful and temperatures sky high.
- The animals will stand in or next to the road and pose for photos.
- You cannot drink water from taps.
- The workers speak Afrikaans – mostly.
You can definitely expect to want to go back. This is an exceptional piece of nature.
What to definitely do
- Go on a game drive with the park personnel.
- Leave camp early and return as late as possible.
- Order freshly baked bread at Nossob camp.
- Stay at a bush camp.
- Charge your batteries every night.