𝔸𝕕𝕦𝕝𝕥𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕟.Dr. Seuss
- I have become the mom that can juggle the baby in the arm while moderating a Zoom meeting and doing work – on 2 computers nogal
- I get up every day and dress the kids to make sure they get to school on time
- I get to work on time every single day – just kidding, my office has been in my house for 4 years already
- We don’t do as many takeaways as we used to… thank goodness
- We go out on little trips for the kids almost every weekend
I may be an adult now, but I still need a parent – sometimes. My remaining parent unfortunately lost sight of the importance of family and I couldn’t stand by while my family fell apart.
I’m adult now, but I want my remaining parent to be more of an adult and parent
I wrote about the loss of my mom in 2019. It still haunts me. I still cry about my mom.
What I didn’t write about was the parent I was left with. The one that left me by my mom’s hospital bed to do the unthinkable.
As a child there are certain conversations you never want to have with a parent. I had to have not one, but two of those. It came to the point where his actions left me with three options – and two of those would not have been my choice – ever. I will do anything to protect my family – even if it is from their own stupidity.
I don’t know if the relationships between my dad and I or my dad and sister can ever fully be repaired. I am still contemplating my response after the alleged end of his relationship with the 44 year old woman.
This article has been edited after revelations in a post earlier this week.