I can talk about geeks, because I am/was one. Back in the day I used to be the only female in an office filled with male developers. It wasn’t weird, that’s just how the tech landscape looked. My desk was filled with toys (and it still is) and if there was something new to try out I was right there.
Today I am paying homage to my roots as a geek and have chosen a few gifts that gets my geek juices flowing.
This year I discovered Funko… and it is a horrible temptation for someone like me. There is DC, Marvel, Disney and everything else that you could possibly desire. So, let me start off with the Mickeys – because it is the year of Mickey afterall.
You can get Funkos on Takealot and at selected stationery stores. I didn’t add the Steamboat Willie Mickey Mouse Funkos, because I’m not too fond of them.
- Funko Pen Disney: Mickeys 90th Anniversary
- Funko Pop! Disney: Mickeys 90th Anniversary – Conductor Mickey
- Funko Pop! Classic Disney: Mickey Mouse
- Funko Pop! Disney: Mickeys 90th Anniversary – Apprentice Mickey
- Funko Pop! Disney: Kingdom Hearts
It wouldn’t be a real list without at least one comic related item…
“Because no matter how small an act of kindness or generosity or simple positivity you put out into the world, it will make a difference.”
—Wonder Woman comic
- I am the ultimate DC fan girl – because the Justice League & DC Universe has the only female superhero that matters, Wonder Woman. If I had this Funko she would have a place of honour on my desk.
- One thing that drives me up the walls is the situation with cables and all the devices that need to be charged… seemingly at the same time. I would love a Snüg Mouse Pad with Wireless Charger that will just sit on my desk charging my phone while I work. 2019 is the year where I want less cable frustrations – seriously!
There is something about being a geek with your head in the stars… This list wouldn’t be complete without something from Lush South Africa.
- Shoot for the stars – honey-scented stardust to grant all her heart’s desires. Fair trade organic cocoa butter stars is just the icing in this fizzer.
- American Cream Perfume – vanilla with a hint of strawberry and subtle floral notes
- Coalface facial soap – simply to wash the day off her face
There is but one place on planet earth that I call my true home. It is a place so magical that it can only be where all of Africa comes together! If you love Jozi as much as I do, you would want to get your hands on something from Love Jozi…
- The Love Jozi Skyline wrapped around a candle holder, filled with a black patchouli scented candle.
- City map tote – A heavyweight, double-sided lined canvas Tote Bag.
“A deal is a promise and a promise is unbreakable.”
—Diana reminds Steve, Wonder Woman movie