I can’t do a gift guide a day or break it down to one for every person in the family. The one thing I don’t want more of this year is more stuff taking up space in my house. With this post I’m taking the guessing work out of gift-giving if you need to buy for someone like me…
Hours of word fun
A book with crossword puzzles! I started doing crosswords again while my mom was sick and I’m almost done with my first book with 50 puzzles (but have started a new one in the meantime). This is probably one of the most relaxing things in my life. It is a “not so expensive gift” and if given to the right person, you will make someone very happy.
If there is a Secret Santa out there that would like to spoil me, buy me film for my Instax Mini LiPlay! You don’t even have to think about it – film is always appreciated.
If however you feel like spoiling a very special person in your life, get them the Instax Mini LiPlay or printer – or even an Instax Mini… or any Instax camera. I have yet to meet a person that won’t love one.
- Take your smartphone photo printing to the next level: Instax launches INSTAX Mini Link portable printer
- It’s a YES for the Instax Mini LiPlay!
- Shutterbug diaries: Fujifilm Instax SQ20 review
- Instax Mini 8 VS Instax Mini 9
A spa day – at home
Get them something from Matsimela. They have the most amazing products and you can pick up something really great without having to break the bank. You can read about their newest products here.
- Go to the beach (or pool) with Matsimela!
- Psssst… I’m sharing some secrets from Matsimela (tell everyone!)
- It’s a home spa heaven at my place – thanks to Matsimela!
Burt and the Bees
Just joking… When you order something from Takealot and would rather add something else to your cart than pay for delivery, put in a hand or lip balm from Burt’s Bees. Whomever you gift it to will think you’re the Bees’ Knees. (I’m so sorry about trying to pun it out!)
Pandora, always Pandora!
Did you know that Pandora and Warner Bros. have teamed up to launch a Harry Potter inspired collection? I still can’t believe that Harry Potter is still this popular, but apparently it is – according to my nieces.
You don’t have to be a witch or wizard to wear these spellbinding charms, but you definitely need to know that you’ll make a Harry Potter fan happy if you gift them one of these charms!
I’m more of a classic Pandora charm girl so I would probably appreciate something from the Festive Collection more… The Celestial charms speak to me but I wouldn’t say no to Shine Bright or Blue Dreams charms either!
- Harry Potter has landed
- Pandora Me, meet the face behind the collection
- Wish for more with Pandora
- Pandora Outlet Store
I can throw a lot of beautiful content on how drinking a gin will conjure memories of South African landscapes, the scents of earthiness, fresh dewy florals in the veld or even the way thatch smells in the sun – but to be honest I’m just going to tell you that when you support local, you are the absolute best. When you wrap up and give a Wixworth Gin the recipient will know that it is a thoughtfully chosen gift and enjoy it more. #BeAClassic #wixworthgin
Just to twist your arm a little, look at www.stoprhinopoaching.com… when you can support a local brand that also gives towards the preservation of endangered species, you get double the gift glow satisfaction.
A meaningful gift
You can donate time or money to an animal shelter (hint hint), be kind to your fellow humans or support brands that give back. I heard about TOMS… and this is what you need to know:
- TOMS was born of a belief in a better tomorrow. Since 2006, the TOMS community has been providing shoes, sight, and safe water to millions of people around the world.
- Since its inception, TOMS has given over 93, 000, 000 pairs of shoes, over 770, 000 sight restorations, over 720, 000 weeks of safe water to deserving communities and over $6,5 million in impact grants.
Visit www.shoptoms.co.za to view and shop up a storm. #tomssouthafrica #shoptoms #standfortomorrow
I’m not going to lie, in our house there are more Barbies, My Little Ponies and LOL Dolls than anything else, but I’m guilty of spoiling my girls rotten because I want to play with their new toys…
You seriously don’t have to go big. I bought an egg with a packet of sweeties and a mini My Little Pony for Lexa as part of her advent calendar (and it costs R20) and she LOVES IT! I’m going to put it out there, for most kids as long as they can unwrap it, they’ll love it.
Ideas for your kids’s presents
- Books and that includes colouring books
- A toy from their favourite TV show (we have PJ Masks, MLP… Fancy Nancy)
- A T-shirt with their favourite animals or TV characters
- Fingerlings – these things are so cute
- The super new Color Reveal BARBIE (please I want one)
- A pet LOL for their LOL Dolls
- Nerf gun…
It doesn’t matter how much or how little you spend. Just spoil someone with a thoughtful gift – or just put down your phone and have an actual conversation.