Never stop learning – even if your budget is a bit tighter than it should be! I did a bit of research and rounded up some free resources for you to get courses and even free certifications. If you know of more, comment below.
Facebook Blueprint offers credentials on your CV can go a long way to making you look good in the Social marketing field. Check it out on https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/certification
- ASSOCIATE · 100-101 Facebook Certified digital marketing associate
- PROFESSIONAL · 200-101 Facebook Certified Marketing Science Professional
- PROFESSIONAL · 300-101 Facebook Certified Creative Strategy Professional
- PROFESSIONAL · 400-101 Facebook Certified media planning professional
- PROFESSIONAL · 410-101 Facebook Certified media buying professional
- PROFESSIONAL · 500-101 Facebook Certified ads product developer I
- PROFESSIONAL · 510-101 Facebook Certified ads product developer II
- PROFESSIONAL · 520-101 Facebook Certified ads product developer III
Semrush Academy offers Free Online Digital Marketing Courses and Exams on https://www.semrush.com/academy/
- SEMrush SEO Toolkit Course
- Role of Content Course with Eric Enge
- Content Marketing and SEO Fundamentals with Eric Enge
- Competitive Analysis and Keyword Research Course
- On-Page and Technical SEO Course
- Link Building Course
- Rank Tracking Course
- Mobile, International, and Local SEO Course
- SEO Fundamentals Course with Greg Gifford
- Keyword Research Course with Greg Gifford
- Backlink Management Course with Greg Gifford
- Mobile SEO Course with Greg Gifford
- Local SEO Course with Greg Gifford
- SEMrush Site Audit Course
- Technical SEO course with Bastian Grimm
- On-Page and Technical SEO Course
- SEMrush Content Marketing Toolkit Course
- Content Marketing Fundamentals Course with Ashley Segura
- SMM Fundamentals Course with Neal Schaffer
- Competitor Analysis with SEMrush
- Advanced Competitive Research Practices with SEMrush
You can also become a Microsoft Advertising Certified Professional (for Bing Ads) for free on https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/training/get-certified. I don’t know how many companies ask if you have Microsoft Certification for Ads so I would rather recommend going the Google certification route.
You can also do some other Microsoft presented courses via edX https://www.edx.org/school/microsoft. These include learning to program in Java, C++ and Excel data analysis.
But wait, there is also Microsoft Learn https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/. You can customise your path by choosing between paths for administrators, data engineers, business owners and more.
Now for all those amazing certifications and courses about Google products…
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification on https://skillshop.exceedlms.com/student/path/2938-google-analytics-individual-qualification?sid=21475934&sid_i=3
- Google Ads Certifications on https://skillshop.exceedlms.com/student/catalog/list?category_ids=2844-google-ads-certifications
- See more on https://skillshop.withgoogle.com/
Google Garage https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage is the absolute best place in the world to learn. You can learn about anything from marketing to EQ and conflict resolution presented by Emerson, Duke, Northwestern, Helsinki and other universities as well as Google itself.
- Fundamentals of digital marketing
- Getting your business online
- Making sure customers find you online
- Promoting a business with online advertising
- Expanding your business to other countries
- Connecting with customers over mobile
- Promoting a business with content
- Understanding customers’ needs and online behaviours
- Building confidence with self-promotion
- How to enhance and protect your online campaign
- Landing your next job
- Understanding the basics of code
- How to increase productivity at work
- Understanding the basics of machine learning
- Improve your online business security
- Intro to digital wellbeing
- Effective networking
- Business communication
- Communicating your ideas through storytelling and design
- Speaking in public
- Organisational design: Know your organisation
- Strategic Innovation: Building and sustaining Innovative organisations
- The science of well-being
- Social psychology
- Think Again: How to reason inductively
- Customer segmentation and prospecting
- Fundamentals of graphic design
- Conflict transformation
- Inspiring leadership through emotional intelligence
- Foundations of everyday leadership
- Securing digital democracy
- Influencing people
- And much more…
You can also attend one of many online workshops. Check the upcoming workshops on https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage/f2f.
But wait, there is more! I found this free IT Support certification from Google hosted on Coursera: https://www.coursera.org/professional-certificates/google-it-support.
Then there is also Hubspot Academy’s free online courses. They have lots of courses – and some of them even come with a certificate! You can find courses under marketing, Sales, Service, Webdesign and Development and even Data privacy. Check it out under https://app.hubspot.com/academy/8680439/tracks.
We all know LinkedIn and receiving emails that say somebody just viewd your profile, but did you know they have a whole section of talks and courses? Check it out on https://www.linkedin.com/learning/me.
Udemy https://www.udemy.com is not completely free, but a great resource for courses. They often have sales and even Black Friday specials where you can pick up courses from $1. Obviously look at reviews before you buy a specific course as they are all created by different individuals. Get free courses here.
One of the best personal development resources you can ever treat yourself to… Selected talks are available for free on her Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV_x9GxclqGKccTxZFytmFA but you can also read great inspirational articles on her blog https://ushamaharaj.com/blog/. If you get as inspired by all of that as I did you may end up signing up for her next LEMS course!
Usha Maharaj CA(SA) is an Executive Leadership Coach.
UCT’s (University of Cape Town) MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses
They have courses for research and development professionals, courses focused on innovation and technology, courses for health professionals and courses focused on teaching and learning – you can find it all on here http://www.cilt.uct.ac.za/cilt/moocs-uct.
WITS (University of the Witwatersrand)
It’s a little, but maybe one of these free courses is what you are looking for. Get WITS’ free courses on https://www.edx.org/school/witsx.
HarvardX on edX offers a mixed bag of everything from philosophy to computer science principles. I think it’s best if you go look on https://www.edx.org/school/harvardx for yourself. Sometimes the course is free but you pay for the certificate.
Naturally Harvard also offers free courses on their very own website that you can find here https://online-learning.harvard.edu/catalog/free.
You can get anything from Marketing Analytics to literature on here – it is crazy the courses available on https://www.edx.org/school/uc-berkeleyx. Sometimes the course is free but you pay for the certificate.
MIT Open Courseware
This is the MIT, but obviously you don’t get all the good stuff – but definitely worth a look. Check it out on https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm. The most popular courses are listed under https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/most-visited-courses/.
Learn from Stanford instructors and industry experts on https://online.stanford.edu/free-courses. They offer courses in the health and medicine, education, engineering, arts and humanities categories.
Coursera has a number of free courses for beginners, programmers, marketers and even networkers on https://www.coursera.org/search?query=free%20courses.
Don’t worry, I also never heard of Alison until I did research for this free online training article. You can have a look at https://alison.com/certificate-courses to see what you can get for free because there seems to be over 60 free courses listed.
This one I am going to add to my list of stuff to check on… You can earn 4 free certifications on https://www.smstudy.com/freeresources/earn-4-free-certifications:
- SMstudy® Certified Digital Marketing Fundamentals
- SMstudy® Certified Marketing Strategy Fundamentals
- SMstudy® Certified Marketing Research Fundamentals
- SMstudy® Certified Corporate Sales Fundamentals
And the list continues with more free courses on https://study.com/article_directory/Free_Online_Courses_and_Education.html. They have free writing courses, social psychology, business courses, marketing courses and even some philosophy courses.
AWS Training & Certification (Amazon)
This is more technical but I’m throwing it out there and hoping that it’ll be something that someone needed to see. AWS is offering a bunch of certifications you can do for free on their e-learning platform. You can have a look at it here https://www.aws.training/LearningLibrary?filters=language%3A1&tab=digital_courses.
Hootsuite https://education.hootsuite.com/collections may not be free, but their Digital Marketing Course is only $199.