This is probably one of the most delicious desserts I have ever tasted. I definitely want to make this again and again and lick every last drop from the mixing bowls and ramekins.
I prepared the Mousse with Basil Berry Salad as well as the Biltong and Avo Tacos with Chunky Salsa on the night. Both these Disney Cookabout Recipes were quick and easy – and very delicious!
- 120g ripe strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- 120g low fat plain yogurt
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- Vanilla seeds of ¼ vanilla pod
- 30ml honey
Basil Berry Ingredients
- 100g mixed berries
- 30ml passion fruit pulp
- 4 basil leaves torn
- Extra basil for serving
- Puree the strawberries in a blender and keep aside.
- Beat the yogurt, mascarpone, vanilla seeds and honey until it is thick and fluffy. Place in fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Make the Basil berry salad by cutting the berries into halves and quarters. Add the passion fruit pulp and the basil mix gently. Keep aside.
- Spoon the mousse into 2 serving glasses or ramekins and layer with strawberry puree.
- Spoon the basil berry salad on top of the mousse.
- Pour the left-over strawberry puree into a small jug and serve on the side.
- Garnish with extra basil just before serving.