Today I’m sharing another recipe from the Disney COOKABOUT show. It is a quick recipe that is sure to have your kids and husband ask for more!
I prepared the Mousse with Basil Berry Salad as well as the Biltong and Avo Tacos with Chunky Salsa on the night. Both these Disney Cookabout Recipes were quick and easy – and very delicious
- 2 wheat flower tortillas (you can probably fill 4 to 6 tortillas with the ingredients)
- 15ml olive oil
- 60ml low fat yogurt, plain
- 30ml low fat/organic mayonnaise
- 10ml lime juice
- Zest of ½ small lime
- 200ml thinly sliced red and green cabbage
- 100g thinly sliced biltong (make this a lot more if your family loves it)
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 30ml chopped spring onion
- 80g small tomatoes, quartered
- 80g corn kernels
- 30ml chopped red pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 30ml pickled coriander leaves
- 10ml red wine vinegar
- 5ml olive oil
- Mix the 15ml olive oil, yogurt, mayo, lime juice and zest together.
- In another bowl combine the salsa ingredients and mix well.
- Grill the tortillas until it is slightly charred and hot – or just warm it up in the microwave.
- Assemble the tacos by adding cabbage, avo and biltong.
- Serve with chunky salsa.
- When you add the lemon juice, taste… don’t just add the lemon as it could become a bit overpowering.
- You can also swop out the biltong for fried meat or chicken strips.