My closest has been bursting at the seams for years and finally last night I emptied it and only put back 60% in the end. Some of my clothes I could throw out with no pang of regret, but then there are those really special items that I just could not part of.
Here are some tips to help you thin the herd:
- Take everything out, because if it’s out on the bed you have to finish the task before you can go to bed
- Split into items you could upcycle, keep or to get rid of
- If you haven’t worn it in a year, it needs to go
- If it doesn’t fit, haven’t fit in years – then probably it will never fit
- It is outdated beyond the point where anyone can mistake it for it to be a trendy or timeless piece
- It needs more needle and thread than you own, you will never mend it and therefore never wear it
Good luck and may the force be with you!