That birthday photo… I had a few requests to share from where I got the dress to “popcorn cake – how?”…
The dress – that dress is from Milady’s and is currently on sale for just over R200. I have it in olive green and red.
The lipstick – I can thank Stila for this amazing colour on my lips. It is a liquid matte lipstick in Portofino. It is probably the most gorgeous colour on me (other than red).
The cake – I saw a video about a popcorn cake and then I knew I wanted one. I didn’t use that much chocolate because I’m not the sweetest tooth around.
The Popcorn Cake Recipe
- 400g of popcorn
- 250g butter
- 800g marshmallows
- Food colouring
- 400g of chocolate
- 250ml whipping cream
- 100s & 1000s
- 4 x Spray & Cooked cake pans
- Split the popcorn, butter and marshmallows in half.
- Get your popcorn popped before starting on your marshmallows.
- Melt half your marshmallows and half the butter in a pot or in the microwave.
- As soon as it is melted stir in half the popcorn – but work quickly!Pour it into 2 cake pans and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Do the second batch of marshmallows with butter and add a drop of food colouring to add a pop of colour and mix in your popcorn. Pour into pans and pop it into the fridge.
- You can do this about an hour before you want to eat the cake. Melt the chocolate and cream in the microwave 20 seconds at a time, stir. Use the ganache to spread between the layers and on top. Add some sprinkles for more fun.