We had such a fun year. Lexa got a bit more personality and she is also developing a sense of style…
Lexa has a Mickey Mouse cap and try as we may, that cap is always peak backwards. She also favours sleeveless Ts. She also has a shoe obsession. She has also become toy-mad. Anything small, puzzle, soft… she finally took an interest in my expansive toy collection – and unfortunately what’s on the shelves.
Did you know that Mickey Mouse became the first cartoon character to get a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame? This happenend on his 50th birthday, 18 November 1978.
Today I am so happy to say that you can win some Mickey gear for your favourite kid. It is such an awesome prize that I won’t even frown if you want to keep it all to your (adult) self! Enter the competition on the widget so I have your details to be able to contact the winner on the 13th as we want to send the package to the very lucky winner the morning of the 14th of December 2018. Keep your eyes on the blog for the winner announcement.
Find the perfect Mickey-inspired gift this Holiday Season
This year Disney celebrates the mouse that started it all – Mickey Mouse The True Original. Disney commemorates 90 years of Mickey with a global celebration of his heritage, personality and status as a pop-culture icon. The campaign will come to life through fashion collaborations with other true original brands, as well as engaging content and events that embrace Mickey’s impact on the past, present and future.
Disney’s Mickey The True Original retail campaign runs during the holiday season until 31 December extending from his birthday on 18 November to the holiday season. Now you too can gift your loved ones, or yourself, with the perfect Mickey Mouse goodies available at retailers nationwide.
Mickey will remain a central theme amongst retailers with new and trendy apparel in stores like Edgars and collectibles, toys and books including, amongst others, Musica, Makro, Toy Kingdom, Hamleys, Checkers, Cotton On and ToysRUs.
Mickey 90th Apparel
Disney’s long-standing relationship with Edgars will see the retailer stock some incredible new product for the whole family. You can shop cute baby and toddler and fashionable teen and adult clothes, shoes and accessories from the iconic Mickey artwork to the stylish sequins and glitter tees.
The Cuddliest Friend Around
Major toy retailers have brand-new Mickey Mouse plush in varying sizes. The smaller ones are perfect stocking fillers, The Mickey Talking Plush is great for toddlers and if you’re feeling extravagant, the whopping 127cm Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse plush is a must! For the true history buff, Hamleys has a special edition Mickey Through the Ages, which is a collection of six Mickey plush which looks at his evolution since his first appearance.
For the collector at heart, some retailers have Mickey figurines ranging from vintage Mickey to Sorcerer Mickey while Gammatek has a wonderful Mickey 90th range of Mickey Funko POP! figurines from Steamboat Willie Mickey to Apprentice Mickey and Conductor Mickey – you will want them all!
Once Upon a Time . . .
Kids will absolutely love the Mickey 90th range of storybooks, colouring books while the adults will enjoy learning more about the icon through the Mickey 90th Deluxe Treasury and the Where’s Mickey books.
Home Entertainment for the Whole Family
The Mickey 90th campaign includes several Disney classic movies from Lion King and Cinderella to The Jungle Book and Coco. Because, it was after all, started with a mouse!
Disney x Pandora
Last year Disney and jewellery manufacturer Pandora have introduced us to their beautiful Disney collection of jewellery from charms to necklaces. Their ultimate gift would be the Mickey Mouse Floating Necklace Pendant with petite Mickey charms. The hand-finished Pandora Disney Jewellery Collection is available at Pandora retailers nationwide.
Limited Edition Le Creuset
Le Creuset remains the perfect gift for the person who loves kitchen ware. Disney’s collaboration with an equally iconic brand sees a special limited edition Mickey 90th collection of casseroles and ramekins.
So visit leading retailers nationwide this festive season and Bring Disney Home!
Enter this competition right now!
- Competition closes midnight 13 December 2018.
- Prize is sponsored by DISNEY AFRICA
- Prize consists of a Mickey Mouse hamper consisting of a Mickey Mouse Slipcase Treasury book, a Disney Fantasia DVD, a Mickey Mouse puzzle/lunchbox and a Mickey Mouse Funko POP! figurine. The value of the prize is R865.
- if you comment on the Facebook or Instagram post you should also have followed me on the platform for your entry to be valid.
- Only completed entries will count.
- The competition is open to all fans of Goddess, who are Residents of South Africa and over the age of 18.
- By entering the competition, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
- If the winner is chosen and there are noted irregularities (i.e. the email address or person does not exist, is not delivered to a person, or is forwarded to a person with a different identity etc.) the winner will be disqualified and a new winner will be drawn.
- Any entries received after the closing date will be invalid. Goddess accepts no responsibility for any errors of any other kind which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry, or for delayed or lost entries.
- If we are unable to contact a prize winner, we reserve the right to pick another.
- All entries will be examined and the prize shall be awarded to the winner selected at random by Goddess from all eligible participants who have correctly entered the prize draw in accordance with entry instructions. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified via Facebook and/or Instagram, and the prizes will be issued as soon as possible.
- The winner has 12 hours to respond after the winner announcement.
- The prize will be delivered via courier.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Goddess reserve the right to cancel or change the promotion at any time and will endeavour to give you advance notice of any such change or withdrawal. However, in some cases, advance notice may not be possible.