Small Doll Line and Content Series ignites imaginative play!
South Africa, 18 April, 2018 – Mattel South Africa has introduced a new brand franchise, Enchantimals™, to the South African market. The new range of whimsical characters and animal besties depicts a fantastical world celebrating the special bond between children and animals, as a pet is often a child’s very first bestie. Enchantimals joins Mattel South Africa’s girl’s portfolio of well-known brands offering products and engaging storylines that ignite imaginative play.
Launching with small dolls and playsets, the Enchantimals product inspires stories of friendship, empathy and compassion towards all living things. The characters and stories come to life through a variety of short-form YouTube content and a 60-minute movie on Nick Toon.
“At Mattel we are passionate about introducing properties that are both on-trend and purposeful,” says Andrea Ziella, Head of Marketing and Trade Marketing, Mattel SA. “We’re essentially bringing a popular animal aesthetic inspired by social media filters and marrying it with product and stories encouraging empathy and friendship.”
Who are the Enchantimals?
The Enchantimals™ dolls are a group of lovable characters (who are half animal) who have a special bond with their animal best friends. Each character is complete with her animal sidekick with whom she shares an unbreakable bond of friendship. These pairs of animal besties use their abilities and compassion to maintain balance, peace and harmony amongst all living things. Fans will have fun discovering new characters and collecting them all.
Some of the Enchantimals characters include:
- Felicity Fox™ & Flick™: Felicity is quick, clever and completely curious about anything and everything. Felicity and Flick love to go exploring together, especially to places they have never been to before.
- Danessa Deer™ & Sprint™: Danessa is the shy and quiet type whose actions speak louder than her words. Danessa and Sprint’s favorite game is to race each other through the forest to see who is the fastest.
- Sage Skunk™ & Caper™: Sage has a mind as quick as her feet and she’s a great problem solver. When Sage and Caper aren’t working on a new song together, they’re usually planning some elaborately clever prank.
- Bree Bunny™ & Twist™: Bree is always up to her ears in creative do-it-yourself projects. Bree and Twist are like twin fountains of bubbling creativity. No one has more fun making something together than they do.
- Patter Peacock™ & Flap™: Patter is proud of her fashionable feathers, and she loves to encourage her friends to be proud too. Patter may not have the best singing voice, but when she teams up with Flap their songs are always belted out in perfect harmony.
In addition to the above core characters, there are many more to collect to play out your Enchantimal stories.
Enchantimals product ranges from RRP R129.99 – RRP R719.99 and is rolling out to South African retailers nationwide from March onwards. Follow along on the Enchantimals journey on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.