When hubby told me that he was off to his office to spoil his employees with a gaming session as their year-end function – and that the nanny wasn’t available on the day to help with Lexa I was shaking. She is a handful at just 1 and depending on the day her mood could very well not be good…
…and then as if Mall of Africa knew about my predicament they sent an invite to come and enjoy The Beach.
I packed Lexa, sunscreen, diapers, bottles, snacks and I went off to Mall of Africa to keep her busy and myself sane for the day. We first got to ride on the Hamley’s train (I have been wanting to do that for ages) and it was about an 8 – 10 minute ride through the play area. Lexa loved it. The wind was in her hair and she kept on waving ta-ta to the children.
Then I let her loose on the fountain. She loved the water sprouting and even looked for where it went – and got it right in the face (she didn’t mind, it made it even more fun to chase the water). You can check out all the images from the day on Instagram, click here.
Next up was the big sandpit. Lexa collected buckets and spades and played in the sandpit for about 30 minutes. She even made a little friend.
I was so tempted to go on the big slides, but I know Lexa is a “little to little”. I am definitely taking my nieces when they come to visit this Christmas.
Where and how much
R25 that’s all it takes to get in at The Beach. It is at the “Town Square” of Mall of Africa and just below the open piazza. Take some cash with for ice cream!
- 9 – 23 December 2017
- Wednesday to Sunday from 10am to 6pm
- R25 per person – and free for kiddies under 2
- Bring cozzies, beach towel and sunscreen
- Water slides, volley ball, music, paddle boats, train ride and wipe outs (PS… there is a mechanical surfboard!!!!!!!!!!)
I just also want to thank all the sponsors that made this day so amazing. I promise to share some photos of our spoils soon 🙂
- Mall of Africa Kids Collective for an awesome day at The Beach
- Hamley’s for finally giving me the chance to get on the Hamley’s Express
- Hamleys for the teddy bear (I really needed that!) and I hope to give it to a special little person soon
- The bookshop that sponsored books, a Fairytale from Danielle Steel and How Cheetah got his tears by Avril van der Merwe
- USBORNE for the bag, bookmarks, pins… I will be sharing some bookmarks with a bunch of special moms
- Penguin Random House for an ebook voucher to get The Selfish Shongololo in English or Afrikaans
- Laager for delicious peach and apricot tea for Lexa
- Whomever donated the Teddy Africa Big 5 Canvas Kit
- Gift voucher from Paul Mitchell
… and also thank you so much for the snacks beforehand, the McDonald’s kiddies meal and a fantastic day at The Beach right here in Jozi!